Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Brunette's Face Washing Routine

I am the worst at washing my face at night. I know it sounds gross, but I just hate getting out of my comfortable bed to go wash my make up off. This being said, my routine is fairly quick and easy. Here it is:
First, I use Cetaphil to cleanse off all make up. I use Cetaphil labeled "Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types" because I found that I can clean off my eye make up and it won't irritate my eyes like the one for oily skin seemed to when I used it. I wet my face, use the cleanser, rinse off and repeat one more time to ensure I remove all eye makeup.


About once or twice a week I will use a scrub on my face after washing off all makeup. I used to love the St. Ives Apricot scrub, but a friend told me the seeds used in the scrub actually scrape and damage your skin instead of just lifting away dead skin. So, impressionable me found a face scrub that was a little more "gentle". Now I am using Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion which uses grains of rice to help lift dead skin. My skin feels so nice and soft after using this product and I have to force myself not to use it everyday!

Next I use a toner. I don't really have a favorite toner at the moment, but I'm currently using Neutrogena's Pore Refining Toner. I know alcohol is bad and dries out your skin, but this toner contains alcohol and I feel like it cleanses my skin better than anything I've tried so far. I simply apply the toner to a cotton ball and swipe it over my face and neck. Even after using Cetaphil on my skin twice, this toner still seems to wipe away dirt or bits of makeup. If anyone knows of a great toner that does not contain alcohol, I'd love to know about it!

Lastly, I apply my moisturizer. Currently I'm still using the Doctor's Dermatologic Formula Ultra-Light Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew that I received as a Sephora Insider's gift a while back. I really enjoy using it and it will be a sad day when this sample runs out! 



If I'm being completely honest, sometimes I'll just use makeup remover wipes. But only if I'm really lazy!!!

Hope this was interesting to read! I'd love to know about others' routine's!

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...