Friday, May 20, 2011

The Brunette's Daytime Smokey Eye

I mentioned in my April favorites that I would be talking about the Urban Decay Naked palette again soon, and here it is! The Naked palette is perfect for darker, night out make-up, but also just for everyday make-up. Lately I've been wearing a smokey eye during the day with some of the lighter colors in the pallet. Of course you don't need the Naked palette to achieve a daytime smokey eye, but it's nice having all the shades needed together in one palette. This smokey eye is very simple so I'm going to try to go through the steps without too much confusing detail:

I use a fluffy brush to apply "Naked", or any natural light brown shade all over the lid. I also use a fluffy brush to apply "Virgin" as a highlight on my brow bone.

Next I use a slightly more condensed brush to apply "buck" or any shade of a darker brown to the crease of my eyelids.


Using a flat brush I then apply "darkhorse" or any shade of deep dark brown to my upper and lower lash line. On the lower lash line I start from the outside and only work my way about halfway into the lid. I've found that if I line my entire bottom lid it makes me look as if I have dark circles.

I also blend the deep dark brown shade into the outside of my crease as well.
Lastly, I blend all of the colors together so there are no harsh lines and the colors are not too dark to wear during the day as well as add some eyeliner to my waterline and mascara.


All of the brushes I use and that are pictured in this post are from the Sonia Kashuk Gold Mine 7-piece brush set from Target. I love them!

Hope you have fun trying out your own smokey eye looks!

Have a great weekend!
x Lauren

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...