Monday, May 2, 2011

The Brunette's April favorites!

It's Spring and my allergies definitely kicked in this April! Also, the weather has been back and forth, so my skin is not really sure what it wants. This makes it hard to stick to the same products through the entire month, but here are the products I've been loving the most during the past month and have helped me get through all the eye rubbing and indecisive weather days...


e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

Someone once told me that bronzer is much different than contouring powder, and should never be used as one. I think that person must have been trying to sell me contouring powder, because I've been using this e.l.f bronzer as a contour and it's perfect! It does have a little shimmer, which is not ideal for contouring, but when I'm in a rush this compact has saved me. The blush in this is beautiful as well (a little bright, but easily blend-able) and it's just so convenient to have these two products together in a single compact! I used this all through April, and $3 for two great colors is such a great deal!

Urban Decay Naked Palette

This eye shadow palette is all over the internet and I'm sure it's no surprise it's made another favorite's list. I won't go into too much detail (I'm planning to in an upcoming post!), but these colors are just so easy to use for day or night and I found that the primer it comes with has actually helped keep my eye shadow in place! 

L`Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara


I love BLACK mascaras. Really dark mascaras that noticeably make my eyelashes darker. I had been using the Maybelline Falsies Black Drama mascara and really liked it, but after a while the thickness I once loved about it became annoying, and as I rubbed my eyes from allergies I found it coming off in unattractive clumps. This L`Oreal mascara is nice and dark, and comes with a great easy to use brush, with no clumps or flakes, even if I rub my eyes.

Origins Modern Friction 

This exfoliating face wash was great during the past month while my skin couldn't decide whether it was dry or oily. You can use the all natural formula on dry or wet skin, so despite what my skin was doing at the time I could still exfoliate my face, which I always feel the need to do at least twice a week. I have a feeling this product is going to end up in my favorites lists for a long time!

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

I cannot say enough good things about this eyeliner! It stays put all day long, even when applied to water lines! I stopped using this for a while because I was too lazy to apply my eyeliner with a brush, but this April I've rediscovered it! I've tried a couple of high end gel eyeliners, but this drugstore brand is just as good. The brush it comes with is fine, and I used it for a while, but I prefer to use my own brush. I've had this product longer than just the month of April and it has lasted me a long time. I even wore this eyeliner during nights out in Vegas a while back and it held up beautifully! 

Hope you all had a nice April and have been enjoying the pretty weather May has brought us so far! 
x Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...