Friday, May 20, 2011

The Blonde's Smokey Eye

Before I get started on this eye tutorial, I want to point out that 3 weeks ago I did dye my hair from bleach blonde to a medium brown shade. I have only had brown hair one other time in my life, a couple of years ago. I was in need of a change and took the plunge again to dark hair, I really like it so far and I hope I don’t get bored of it too soon! But because of my new dark locks and the fact that I have pretty pale skin, I know I need to play up my eyes more so I don’t look so washed out all the time. And this eye tutorial was a great way for me to try out a different way to do that! Now, on to the eyes;

For my smokey eye look I used Maybelline Stylish Smokes in the shade Plum Smokes. This palette is based in purple colors, which I love. I started with a clean eye and a Benefit Lemon Aid eyelid primer. On the back of the shadow palette it tells you were to apply the shadow for a smokey look. I pretty much followed it step by step. I applied the base to my entire eye, and pat on the shimmery purple lid color and finally packed on the dark purple color into my crease. I used a small eye shadow brush for all of the colors and then used a blending brush at the end to smoke it all together. Instead of the brownish color it gave for the liner, I opted to use my own liner. First I rimmed my eye with a black NYC eye liner pencil; then I used my e.l.f cream eyeliner in plum purple to add a slight winged tip to my top lash line. I finished it off with my Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara in extreme black.
Overall I like this look, I have deep set eyes, so any smokey eye in very dark colors is too much for me, but I think the light to medium shades of purple were just right for my skin tone and eye color! This will definitely be a repeat look for me!












xo Shawna (a blonde at heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...