Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Blonde's Jergens Natural Glow Review


This review was something I was pretty excited about, mostly because its something I need all the time and especially with summer coming up; it’s a TAN!
So, I have been using the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer now for about 3 solid weeks. I got the lotion in “Medium/Tan skin tones“, only because they were out of the lighter one. From a past of self tanning lotion and creams and whatnot, I knew that the color sometimes turns out to be orangey. So for the first 4 or 5 days, I applied the lotion only every other day so that I could get a little bit of the new color adjusted to my skin. I then applied it everyday for a week, after I showered. I found it best to do a light exfoliation around places like your knees, elbows, ankles and wrists. For me those are my “boney” or roughest spots, so they sometimes pick up the color weird and get too dark or orange.
Within the first 5 days I couldn’t really see a difference, but everyone at work was commenting on how nice my tan was! By the middle of the second week (3 days into applying it daily) I could really see a difference, I had a very noticeable tan. I tried it for a week on my face as well but it never really showed any difference. I’m guessing that it’s because I had make up on and was washing my face twice a day, it didn’t allow the color to take hold.
The only downside to this lotion is that my feet ALWAYS ended up looking kind of goofy. The color only seemed to show up on the top part of my foot and had a noticeable orange line around my foot. I would have to gently buff around the sides of my feet with body scrub to blend out the line. Other than that, I really like this lotion.
After my first 2 weeks, I started using the lotion every other day or every 2 days, to keep up the color without it being so tan and obnoxious.

Here is my before picture and my after (2 weeks) picture of my right arm!


xo Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...