Friday, May 20, 2011

The Asian's Smokey Eye Tutorial

The smokey eye is a challenge to any girl and I've had my fair share
of trials and tribulations with it. I've tried the dark, dramatic
effect of black eyeshadow and I really suggest that none of you try it
unless you have freakishly huge eyes or work at MAC. Eyes are one of
the most striking features that Asian women have and highlighting them
with a shimmery, smoky eye enhances them more. Anyways, here is my
step by step attempt of a Smokey eye effects.



1 .Apply your regular primer/foundation/ powder all over including your eyes
2. Choose a base for your eyeshadow, preferably a shimmery cream for
this.  I used MAC paint pot in "Bare Study" use a shimmery cream from
my eyebrows down to my lash line.
3. Choose 3 tones of eyeshadow: Light, Medium and Dark. Try to use
browns, like a light beige for your base all over the eyelid, and a
mauve or chocolate brown for the color closer to your lash line in
order to open up your eyes.
4. Next apply your medium brown (I used smashbox's Bronze eyeshadow)
or mid-tone shade all along your lash line and the outer corner of the
lid
5. Apply your light eyeshadow (smashbox's Strike eyshadow) along the
inner corner to open up you eyes
6. In the crease of your outer corner, apply the darkest shade of
eyeshadow (MAC's Mystery) and blend
7. Outline your eyes with pencil eyeliner for a soft and sultry finish
8. Mascara those eyelashes!
9. Keep your lips neutral gives smokey eyes all the attention. Use a
flesh toned lip pencil and a pink or caramel shade of lipstick or lip
gloss to give your lips a subtle finish.



Hope you guys like it!
<3 Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...