Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nail Polish Review- The Blonde!

So lets just start out by saying, I LOVE nail polish. I always have to have color on my fingernails & toe nails, I feel incomplete without it. So, needless to say I own a ton of different polish and change it up pretty frequently. For this review it was hard for me to pick a favorite, so I picked my 3 most recent favorites and the one I’m currently wearing. I am notorious for wearing dark polish; black, dark red, dark purple, anything dark. But for spring I try to go for lighter colors to match with the season and because my outfits normally lighten up around spring. Now, onto the reviews!
First and foremost, I use the ORLY Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat all in one. I do a coat before and after my color!
The first polish, is a recent one I got specifically for my toes! it’s a light mint-ish color and has a slight iridescent sparkle to it. Its from Forever 21’s Love & Beauty line and the color is “mint”, it was an impulse buy, but I really ended up liking it. I have had this color on my toes for about 2 weeks now and it still hasn’t chipped yet! it’s a great spring time color and compliments my skin tone really well, it actually makes my foot look a little more tan as opposed to me wearing a dark color on my feet. This is great for spring and is an unexpected color when it peeks through wedges or in full view in sandals. I really like it!
Second, is one I’ve been wearing on my fingers for a while, Italian Love Affair by OPI. This is a pastel pink color with a great pearlescent shine to it, so its not so flat looking. I love this color for spring because it is a less obvious way of throwing pink into an outfit. Although I am a fan of bright, neon pinks for summer; I think this is a nice softer way of achieving the “pink look” for spring. The color looks really delicate and because it is a light shade, it goes well with most outfits! This is a sweet, girly shade for spring!





And finally, the color I am currently wearing on my fingers. This one is a little tricky because it is a color I mixed myself. I have a tendency to mix my own polishes so I can get the EXACT color I’m looking for! This one is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Celeb City, a sparkly silver color and it is mixed with OPI’s Siberian Nights, which is an extremely dark purple. I had seen a picture of a model wearing a dark, sparkly, raisin colored polish in a magazine and wanted the same effect but a little lighter for spring. My shade came out as a light, metallic purple, I really love the way it turned out and I’ve been getting a lot of compliments on it, Although next time I might add a little bit more purple to the mixture because the color comes off as more silver than purple. But still a great spring transition color!


xo Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...