Friday, April 8, 2011

The Blonde's Illuminator Review!

For this review, I choose two different highlighters. I had never really used an illuminator or highlighter before, so I wasn’t really sure how to shop for one or know what kind to use. Both of the illuminators that I used are very sheer and not too intense.
In no particular order:


E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal






The packaging says that it is a great highlight for cheeks, eyes and lips. I mainly tried it on my cheeks and eyes, it was a little too goopy for my lips.
The facial whip comes out more like a cream and actually and has a great smell to it, a light fruity/ floral smell. The cream appears very metallic when it first comes out, but as it is applies, it goes more into a light dewy sheen. I tried applying it at first with my fingers to my cheek bone, but found that it went on better by pressing it on with a sponge with a little water or light moisturizer on it. I put it on over my foundation, and under my powder so that it wouldn’t get a weird consistency on top of a powder. I also used this on my eyes as a brow bone highlight and I loved it there too! I just applied it to my brow bone with my ring finger and it gave a great sheen. And an additional bonus, it was only $1 !!



End result: look at that shine!!!




The second product I reviewed was the Clinique’s Gentle Light Powder in Glow 3



This product is a loose powder and is great for going over top of a finished makeup look to give, exactly what it says, a glow. I lightly dust this powder on my cheek bones with a small powder brush and it has a slight color and very small glitter flecks. This products is pretty matte and does not give a sheen; but it is great for a casual day glow and sparkle.

Both of these products get a different result, but I really enjoyed both of them and would definitely buy them again!


xo Shawna

1 comment:

  1. The elf illuminator looks amazing, I think I might have to buy it! I'm following you.

    http://forevermissvanity.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...