Monday, April 4, 2011

The Blonde: L'Oreal "The One Sweep Eye Shadow" Review


L’Oreal: “The One Sweep” eye shadow in Playful for all eyes

I had really high hopes for this eye shadow. I guess I was expecting to swipe it on and I would have perfectly done eyes, no work involved. Those expectations were not met. The colors are great and complimented my light eyes. And I love the idea of one easy application to get a perfect look. BUT, the whole “one sweep” idea did not really play out for me. When I applied it to my eye, it basically only looked like the middle (medium brown) shade. The lighter highlighted color did not show up on my lid and the darkest color went on so thin that it was not really visible when my eye was open. I tried the shadow on 3 or 4 separate occasions, practicing applying it to my eye and the brush differently each time. But in the end, the color always came out looking like the medium brown shade. Luckily the medium brown shade is a really great color, it has great shine and gold flecks that look great. I also tried applying the shadow with a brush and used each color separately; and the look came out a lot better. I could make a thicker line with the darkest color and apply the lightest highlight shade to where it should be and blend all three together. Overall, the 3 colors go great together and the gold tones looked great with my eye color and my skin tone. And with a little more work, I could achieve the look I set out to have. But I think the hype over a one sweep “professionally designed eye” were not met for me. I don’t think this was a product I would buy again. But I would still buy individual shadows from L’Oreal, because I really love the pigmentation. Hope that this review was helpful and if there is anything else you would like to hear, let me know!






xo Shawna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...